Monday, February 28, 2005

Learning to Shepherd Better

I will be accompanying the six other pastors from my church to California to the Shepherds Conference at Grace Community Church. We leave tomorrow (Tues) morning and will return over the weekend. I am thrilled for a number of reasons. The times spent with the seven of us pastors is great fun and strengthens our commitment to minister together as team at our church. I am also excited because one of my ministry and theological mentors has been Dr. John MacArthur. Of course, Dr. MacArthur doesn't know he has mentored me, for he has down so through books, tapes, CDs, etc. This will be my first opportunity to be at Grace Church and see hands on what God is doing in the ministry there.

The California weather is not a draw currently! I assured our church folks yesterday that they don't have to wonder if their pastors are sitting on beach somewhere in CA! It is going to be cool and raining on us all week!

So this Blog will be silent for the coming week. Please do read and comment on past posts. That is part of the reason I post my thoughts. Your comments will sharpen me! Iron sharpens iron! Also, pass the URL on to others, so we can all be an encouragement to each other.

Grace to You!

1 comment:

John said...

Dave I am so jealous!!!!!!!! I can not believe John MacArthur, Al Mohler, R.C. Sproul and most amazing of all DAVE MULLINS!!! Four greats in one spot! Have a good time Dave.