Monday, March 14, 2005

I'm back... and Coming soon...

This blog has been silent for nearly two weeks. It doesn't seem that long, but indeed it has been. Two weeks ago, as I mentioned in my last post, I was in Los Angeles for a pastor's conference at Grace Community Church. It was excellent. I was encouraged, challenged, convicted and reinvigorated to faithfully carry out my duties as a shepherd. Much more will be said regarding this conference in coming posts.

Last week I was in Chicago all week. I took a group of students from our college ministry here at the church to be involved with Inner City Impact, an urban youth ministry located in the Logan Square and Humbolt Park areas of Chicago. It was a very eyes opening experience that was challenging and encouraging. The work being done their by B.J. Bechtel and the staff is unbelievable. Take a moment to check out their website - www.innercityimpact.org I will write more about this trip in the near future as well.

COMING SOON

Articles that are currently rolling around in my head that have not yet made it out my fingers...

1. Condi for President?
... wanna hear my answer? You probably won't like it.
2. The Foolishness of the Cross
... evangelistic implication of 1 Cor 1.18-31
3. Social Security ... or Social Engineering?
4. Safe in the Hood
... is the church as secure a place as an inner city gang?


PLEASE COMMENT

A large part of my goal with this Blog was to be sharpened by you, the readers. That only happens when you respond to my comments. Good, bad or indifferent, at least share your initial comments so we can encourage and sharpen one another.

Grace to You!

No comments: