Saturday, August 06, 2005

Back to the Grind

Praise the Lord for a great vacation. We had a tremendous time as a family. I survived even though ...
... I haven't turned my laptop in 9 days (I am on my home PC tonight)
... I haven't had Starbucks in nearly two weeks
... I haven't stepped foot into my office in over a week

Seriously! The Lord did provide for us a much needed and very pleasant family vacation. Some highlights...
... swimming in Lake James with my daughters
... "hiking" with Jonathan
... sitting by the fire with Crystal after the kids were tucked into their tents
... the "Nature Center" at Pokagan State Park, specifically the film celebrating the 200th anniversary of the Lewis & Clark Expedition
...reading The Little Pilgrims Progress by flashlight with the family sitting around the fire

Also, it appears that I picked a good week to be gone from the blogosphere. Phil Johnson had a quiet week, Steve Camp simplyrepublished articles I already read at Audience One (though I did enjoy the comments), and my dear friends Curtis Richardson and John Babri still haven't updated their blogs (they must have real jobs). I am looking foward to getting back into the swing of this, catching up with the regulars at World Mag Blog, PyroManiac, Camp on This and a new favorite (the cleverly named) Jeremy Weaver's Blog.

I am especially looking forward to being at my home church tomorrow! I really don't like to miss a service at Emmanuel (last week was the first service I missed since I started my ministry their a year ago). I appreciate the exposition of my Pastor, Philip DeCourcy. You too can enjoy his ministry thanks to the wonders of the web - visit our homepage for Pastor's current series or for his archives.

Anyway, more on Monday! Have a great worship this Lord's Day!

Grace to You!

4 comments:

John said...

Your freind John Babri did just update his blog. Even though his house is half packed for KY and has a real job. But that Curtis guy whats up with him?!? He will leave us hanging on who he think will get to heaven for weeks. We may be able to find out in person before he tells us. Anyway. Welcome back I looking forward to some good blogging from you.

Jeremy Weaver said...

John,
Ask him if I get to go, please!

Anonymous said...

Fool

Dave said...

someone listened to Pastor's sermon!

CH Spurgeon quote was it? Upon getting a note that simply said "Fool!" He went to the pulpit and announced that he had often received notes with a message but no signature; this was the first time he received one with a signature and no note! HAHA!