Sunday, July 31, 2005

Much needed get-away

Blog activity here at Mullins Musings as been slow the past few days. Vacation time has finally come for the Mullins family. We spent the weekend with some dear friends in Cuyohoga Falls (Akron), Ohio. We had a great time. We enjoyed church this morning at First Baptist Church of Green (Akron), where my Father-in-law Pastors. Great message on "Resurrection Realities" from John 11. What confort we have in the return of Christ and our promised resurrection! Praise the Lord!

Tomorrow (Monday) we leave for a few days in the wilderness. We will be tent camping at Pokagon State Park in Angola, Indiana., This will be a special time.

Here are a few of my Vacation Goals (I am not allowed to take my laptop):

1. Kids Time. I want to be sure to spend the majority of the daylight hours with my three kids. They need some daddy-time. We will hike, fish, ride bikes, swim, build sand castles, read and just relax, tickle and laugh together.

2. Wife Time. My wife (who is six months pregnant - hey, she IS excited about camping! Don't worry, we have an air matress.) and I need some alone time as well. The closest we will get will be after the kids are tucked away for the night. I intend to spend some time discussing our goals and plans for the coming school year. We will be homeschooling one daughter and partnering with the Chrisitan School our church operatesfor the other. We need to think about educational and spiritual goals for the kids (particularly the girls).

3. Reading. I am hoping to finish (or at least make significant progress) The Soul Winner , by C.H. Spurgeon. I am also taking along Family Man, Family Leader, by Philip Lancaster, published by the Vision Forum.

Pray for us as the Lord puts us on your hearts. Looking forward to catchng up with you all when I return.

Grace to You!

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Dave Mullins,

I love you blog, but you know most people need R&R from the web if you ask me. I have been doing this as well and spending more time reading, but I read all of your post.

I hope you have a good and relaxing time away and YES it is important to not always take computer. Good idea

Shawn said...

Dave,

Sorry about all of the typing errors. I was trying to get off the computer to fast for some R&R as well.

Anonymous said...

Was it warm enuf fer ya?!