Monday, June 06, 2005

Coming Soon...

Here are a few articles that I am working on, just in case you care. Besides, if I tell you there are coming, they have to come! Accountability!

The Heart the Gospel - This one will be a four part series dealing with the four key elements that comprise the heart of the gospel message - God, Man, Christ, and You Must!

Evangelical Unity - Some thoughts on the basis on which we decide to unite or divide ourselves from others who claim Christianity?

Why I Love the Church - This will be a transcript of a recent sermon I delivered here at my home church on May 15. I will also deliver this series in a five part address on a local contemporary Christian radio station next week. It is basically an exposition of Eph 5.22-33 asking the question, "Do I love the Church like Christ loves the Church?"

A Bible-Driven Church - Not a steal of MacArthur's work, rather a look at how the Christian publishing industry is effecting the church, primarily through her pastors.

Feel free to share your thoughts on any of these topics, perhaps you will help shape my thinking as I study and write. Also, what other Blogs are you reading that you find helpful. Note the updates link section to the right. There are some other helpful Blogs (probably much more helpful than these musings) for you to peruse at your leisure.

Grace to You!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to these.

John said...

Dave,

These all look good. I am especially interested in the Bible Driven Church, Evangelical Unity, and Why I Love the Church (btw let me know when you do a sermon so I can listen to them online, and kindly suggest to EBC that they need to have a spot on the archive for your sermons too! So all of your adoring fans can listening from 3 hrs away)
and Grace also to you.
-John

John said...

Hey I just noticed the part recommeding other blogs. No I am not going to shamelessly promote my own (click my name name on this comment if you want to see it). But let you know about Russel Moore's http://www.henryinstitute.org/. Its a relatively new find for me but I have now intergrated it in my Blog reading. I enjoy it. He has alot on Christainity and Culture. Russel Moore is also an extremely smart guy I've got to hear him speak twice. So anyway enjoy. I particularly enjoyed his article on Jimmy Carter nolonger being a Southern Baptist.